Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thing #9 - MERLIN

I became acquainted with MERLIN, visiting and exploring the site and subscribing to its feed. I also clicked on each of the suggested search tools for finding feeds of interest (Feedster, Topix, Syndic8, and Technorati). I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Topix site allowed me to easily create feeds based on news from my hometown, Delta, PA and my vacation hometown, Ocean City, NJ. I had tried to find an RSS feed for Ocean City while working on Thing #8 but was unable to find a civic website that offered a feed. Delta is such a small town that I was amazed at the news that was delivered through the Topix feed. I played around with Blogline's search tool. I especially liked the "Matching Feeds" lists that appeared on the right side of the page for some of my searches.

No comments: