Friday, September 28, 2007

Thing #14 - Technorati

Technorati is another amazing site and resource that I had never heard of before Learning 2.0. The number of blogs out there is unbelievable, and this site is certainly a valuable tool for those who like (and have the time) to read blogs to find the postings and topics they are interested in. I followed the Discovery exercises and did various kinds of searches. Learning 2.0 remains a popular topic. My key word search for this topic returned 4,065 blog posts, the tag search returned 4,068 posts and 18 videos, and the blog directory search revealed 298 blogs about Learning 2.0. I explored the lists of favored blogs, top searches and top blogs. The name "Boing Boing" had come up as I was working on other things, so I was interested to see what it, "the most popular blog in the world" was all about.
I don't know how often I will return to Technorati, mainly because once you start reading blogs a lot of time goes by very quickly! I do think it is a very worthwhile undertaking and am glad to know of its existence.

No comments: