Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thing #22 - Audiobooks

I was able to browse the selections on the Overdrive site without establishing an account or downloading the OverDrive Media Console. There was no reason for me to download this tool to my computer as I know that I will not be listening to books on the computer and I do not have a portable device (at least, not yet!) I viewed the discovery resources tours on both Overdrive and NetLibrary and feel that I have a good understanding of how the download process works when and if I should ever choose to establish an account and make use of the features. I can see that this is a wonderful service to have available for people who have long commutes or who just enjoy listening to audio books. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have hearing problems. That, combined with the fact that I have always been a visual learner, makes me an unlikely candidate for much use of HCPL's downloadable audiobook services.

No comments: